How to Wear Bharatanatyam Dress or KUCHIPUDI or ODYSSEY Dance dress contains FIVE pieces
- Kacham/pant/lower piece
- Main fan of the dress with pleats with hooks
- Back piece/buttocks’ cover
- Wear kacham/Pant and tighten with the given thread nada in the waist belt.
- Wear the blouse.
- Wear the pallu/pyta/ooni adjusting to the shoulder and do the lower part of the pallu inshirt and tie the attached back side naada or the thread to the front of the waist and attached front side naada to the back of the waist and ensure all the naadas are inserted into the pant/kacham without showing outside.
- Fix the main fan of the dance dress to the pant/kacham with the provided hooks and loops. Ensure that the top portion of the fan is tied/hooked properly.
- Finally, wear the Back piece covering the waist and the buttocks.
- Last but not least, Ensure the applied ALTA is completely dried before wearing the dance dress
Jumka (earring with upward extension)
Nathni (nose ring)
Long Mala (long necklace)
Short Mala (choker)
2 Vaanki (armbands)
Chudiya (colored bangles to match your dress)
Ghungroo (musical anklet with metallic bells)
Chandra (moon shaped hair ornament)
Surya (sun shaped hair ornament)
1 Red stick-on Bindi(a decorative mark worn in the middle of the forehead)
Kunjalam (Three cotton pom pom’s to tie at the end of a braid)
2 Rubber Bands
Hair Extension (to tie a long plait with)
Real or fake Gajra (string of flowers, usually white)
A pair of Scissors
Eye Shadow (to match dress)
Red Lip Color
Red Nail Polish
Kohl (dark black)
Alta (a red colored liquid that the dancers use to decorate their hands and feet)container
A small Container
Custom Orders Accepted – Adults costume also available – Bulk Orders contact: +91 8610352041
29/2, Aravindar Street, Kalaimagal Street Extn.,
Near Sathyamoorthy Road – Sudarshan Flats. New Perungalathur. Chennai – 600 063.
Phone: 9884500610 – 8610352041 – 9176114554 – 044 22742637